How to like a page on facebook
Ever wanted to give your photos that grungy/macabre feel? In this tutorial I’ll show you how to make your photos look grungy and macabre using Photoshop CS6.
What you’ll need for this tutorial is
- A photo to give that grungy and macabre feel
- photoshop cs6
Here’s what you need to do
- Open your photo in Photoshop CS6
- make two duplicates from your photo
- set the first duplicate’s blend mode to hard light
- set the second duplicate’s blend mode to hard light and apply the high pass filter at 20.5px
- make a new layer apply a gradient of varying browns and set it’s blend mode to overlay
- apply the Add Noise filter at 30px and a 2px Gaussian Blur
That’s how you make your photo look grungy. To add that macabre feel
- with the background layer selected, make nineteen new layer
- set the first two layer’s blend modes to hue with the colors red and black respectively
- set the next two layer’s blend modes to overlay with the colors red and black
- set the next fourteen layer’s blend modes to soft light with seven layers colored red and seven layers colored black
- then set the last layer’s blend mode to multiply with the color red
That’s how to combine the two techniques I wanted to try out. One based on a tutorial on how to non-destructively use filters and blending modes along with a gradient to make your photos look grungy and a technique I came up with in Visual Media while designing a portfolio.
You must be logged in to post a comment.